On March 25th, 1988, SOPSEC was founded by three civil engineers and FEUP professors: José Amorim Faria, Hipólito de Sousa, and Rui Calejo. Since then, several engineers in the beginning of their careers have embraced this project, namely the directors Diogo Leite and Vítor Santos.
Over the years, SOPSEC has worked with more than a hundred employees, notable for their technical competence, specialization, ethics, and dedication to the client. After more than three decades of existence, SOPSEC is positioned among the leading national companies in engineering services.
SOPSEC is a specialized consultancy company which acts exclusively and independently within the construction industry, from the initial stages of setting up operations, programs and feasibility analyses, to the operation, maintenance and dismantling phase. It provides complex services in the fields of consultancy, project design, management, and supervision of construction works, both in national and international contexts.
Focused on excellence, SOPSEC has at its disposal an experienced, dynamic and multifaceted team, able to coordinated emanding projects in challenging circumstances and multicultural environments. It employs modern and advanced material resources, namely technological and laboratory resources, especially in the field of acoustics. It also relies on astable group of strategic partners, in order to adapt its response capacity to the specificities of the market.
Constantly attentive to the developments of its time, SOPSEC fosters training, innovation and scientific dissemination, through close relationships with the academic world, and participates in contemporary debates. In its services, environmental, economic and life cycle aspects are continuously considered, in close dialogue with other process participants, especially its clients, aiming to provide value and benefits in quality of life.
Where we Work
SOPSEC provides services in various parts of the world, in places where its presence is considered strategic or whenever it is challenged to participate in value creation by its clients or partners.
CEO - Administrator
SAFETY INSPECTION AND COORDINATION > Civil Engineer / Doctor of Civil Engineering / Structures Specialist
ENGINEERING PROJECTS > Civil Engineer / Doctor of Civil Engineering / Adviser Engineer / Structures Specialist
ACOUSTICS / ENVIRONMENT / SCI > Civil Engineer / Doctor of Civil Engineering / Acoustics Specialist
SAFETY INSPECTION AND COORDINATION > Civil Engineer / Senior Engineer
ENGINEERING PROJECTS > Civil Engineer / Senior Engineer
GENERAL SERVICES > Civil Engineer
Quality Management System Certification
In August 2001, SOPSEC implemented the Quality Management System in accordance with the ISO 9001 reference standard, whose certification it received on the October 22nd of 2002. The present scope of certification is: ”
General Quality Manager (LNEC)
Since October 2003, SOPSEC has been certified by the Quality Mark Commission of LNEC as General Quality Manager for the following types of works: Buildings and Built Patrimony; Roads, Urbanisation Works and Other Infrastructures; Hydraulic Works.
Providing highly specialized services in the construction field and creating value for the company through long lasting partnerships, in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Figuring among the leading national companies in engineering services;
- Through an investment on R&D&I, reinforcing the improvement of internal processes, diversifying, and pioneering new business areas–such as energy, sustainability, and experimental characterization, i.e.acoustic tests,–immune to outside pressure and completely impartial to wards its other work areas;
- Continuously improving and increasing the effectiveness of its QMS, valuing ethical, safety, health and environmental concerns;
- Preparing the company to better resist Economic Cycles, taking advantage of internationalization.
- Involving the company’s employees in strategic definition and its monitoring;
- Motivating and involving employees through QMS and mechanisms for progression and recognition of merit;
- Investing in training to improve skills and achieve strategic objectives.